Halo my dear Odoo / OpenERP users , are you afraid of moving servers … because you can setup all your Odoo all over again but when it comes to your physical files that you have opt to store in as a file rather than store in the database as binary , but you are not so sure what to do if you wish to move to another server ,
as it is not backup and restore db , that is all , instead it also involve in backing up your files from old server as well.
Steps of backup
1. Backup your Extra / Customize addon folders
2. Backup your Odoo /OpenERP database
– i recommend you use the custom tar of postgres SQL pg_dump .
3. Backup your files , from /opt/odooV7/openerp/filestore , backup the whole directory and its sub folders and files
the folder name should be the same as your Database name .
Steps of Restore
1. to install Odoo
2. to get all your extra / custom addons folders
3. to restore the db , make sure you have the right database owner
4. to unzip / untar whatever compressed / backup of the folders from OLD server
– make sure the folder is own by the user to be running the Odoo / OpenERP service
– make sure the access right is 775 .
– make sure the folder name is the same as the database name , if you have change
your database name , so folder you must remember to change as well.
after the above steps , you should be able to download / upload from the Odoo / OpenERP Knowledge module again.
Happy Odooing !!!