First of all , thanks for willowIT provide this great tool to help the OpenERP community to have another alternative options for report designing.
I believe to a lot of Malaysia & Singapore local OpenERP communities , it is a good news , but to get this baby running is not so straight forward , at least it requires some technical competency and
I hope the following knowledge can help you all to successfully configure or setup the
OpenERP – Pentaho Report design environment.
What you need are the following files and procedures ,
1. To install the openerp pentaho module (v6.1 & v7.0) to openerp-server
2. To download and install the designer ,
3. To compile openerp pentaho java_server source code and run it as a standalone server
- 3.1. you need to have a JDK setup , please setup , usually it will be setup at the default directories at c:program filesjava(jdk here) .
- 3.2. you need to setup ant , i recommend you use winant , here.
- Make sure you setup the ANT_HOME , JAVA_HOME , PATH environment variables
- Make sure your path can at least reached the winantbin if you are using winant.
- 3.3. you need to point to the ant directory ( environment , IF you are using winAnt , then it will be pointing to the bin folder where you can at least find the ant.bat batch file). To Patch the build.xml of java_server of pentaho , mine having problem when IVY trying to look for log4j .You will need to download and build ivy also , mine , after i downloaded a file , and in command prompt , i build it by entering “C:
ant” , you will need to disable a line in the build.xml in the java_server of the pentaho-openerp , the line “log4j” gave me problem and stop me from successfully building the source. after disable the line , it will download all the necessaries files , compile the war and create build folder after a successful compilation.
- 3.4. you need to build the war file (pls be patience as this will compile and dowload lots of files )
- 3.5. you need to run the pentaho openerp report server , at the java_server folder , at command prompt , enter c:
- 3.6 you need to run openerp server , so if you do not know how , then i believe you should forget about all the above lines as well … and let me say good day to you and welcome to visit my blog for instantERP , a Malaysia Localized openERP service provider and we are here to help , call us a call or email to say hello !
- 3.7. To create the report , 2 youtube video showing how to create object and sql reports
- 3.8. To upload the report using pentaho-openerp module , please view here
Below is how to get from another blog,
sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk
sudo update-alternatives --config java
sudo apt-get install tomcat7 tomcat7-docs tomcat7-examples tomcat7-admin
sudo vi /etc/tomcat7/tomcat-users.xml
<user username="admin" password="password" roles="admin-gui,manager-gui,manager-script,manager-jmx,manager-status"/>
sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat7 restart
sudo apt-get install ant ivy wget unzip
ant -lib /usr/share/java war
- By going to the Tomcat Manager (http://servernameorip:8080/manager)
Follow the Tomcat instructions for deploying/installing war files. You could use the deploy a war file to upload the war file and create an instance. If you create the war file on a different machine then where you deploy the war file. Check that you use the same java environment.
- By copying the war file to the webapps folder of your tomcat installation for autodeployment:
cp /opt/pentaho_report/Pentaho-reports-for-OpenERP-version70/java_server/build/jar/pentaho-reports-for-openerp.war /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps