Halo my dear Odoo / OpenERP users , are you afraid of moving servers … because you can setup all your Odoo all over again but when it comes to your physical files that you have opt to store in as a file rather than store in the database as binary , but you are not so sure what to do if you wish to move to another server ,
as it is not backup and restore db , that is all , instead it also involve in backing up your files from old server as well.
Steps of backup
1. Backup your Extra / Customize addon folders
2. Backup your Odoo /OpenERP database
– i recommend you use the custom tar of postgres SQL pg_dump .
3. Backup your files , from /opt/odooV7/openerp/filestore , backup the whole directory and its sub folders and files
the folder name should be the same as your Database name .
Steps of Restore
1. to install Odoo
2. to get all your extra / custom addons folders
3. to restore the db , make sure you have the right database owner
4. to unzip / untar whatever compressed / backup of the folders from OLD server
– make sure the folder is own by the user to be running the Odoo / OpenERP service
– make sure the access right is 775 .
– make sure the folder name is the same as the database name , if you have change
your database name , so folder you must remember to change as well.
after the above steps , you should be able to download / upload from the Odoo / OpenERP Knowledge module again.
Happy Odooing !!!
I think when it comes to data backup, especially if it is related to business documentation or so, there should be really best virtual data rooms involved (like the ones in virtual data rooms reviews). Data loss may have a very high price in the business world.
Having a backup is only of value if the data is usable, so daily checks are needed to verify this. The data room makes use of an email notification system to inform administrators of the status of the backups.
virtual data room review