openERP Launchpad requires restricted access and authentication (setup SSH)
If you like me , blur like sotong (squid) do not know how to setup ssh and use bzr , then for the security access i hope this information can be of some help to you , while in Malaysia, very few people are really using source code repository to control thier development , but to me , i think to improve our regional competency in terms of good software development practice , we need to learn …
na , if you need to push work onto a branch or get a branch which is restricted (but you are authorized to get it) then you need to setup SSH on your PC. The process is described in detail on Bazaar’s web but here is very short version:
- Goto PuTTY’s download web and get putty.exe, pageant.exe and puttygen.exe store them somewhere natural on your local disk (e.g. c:program filesputty) where you’ll have convenient access to them.
- Create a .ssh folder in your homedrive. Windows will probably not let you do that from the GUI (because the folder must have a lading dot) so do it from the command prompt:
- Run puttygen.exe and push the “generate” button to generate a public/private key pair. Save the private key in the %userprofile%.ssh directory you’ve just created, and the public key somewhere else (tip: While you have it on display copy it to the clipboard, because you’re gonna paste in on Launchpad next).
- Goto the Launchpad web and login. Goto the “Change details” section of your profile and hit the SSH Keys button on the top of the page (tip: you can take the shortcut by typing the URL whish has the following format https://launchpad.net/~your_launchpad_login/+editsshkeys just replace your_launchpad_login with well yes; your launchpad login)) And import the public key.
- Start pageant.exe, an icon of a computer with a hat will appear in your system tray on the task bar. Right-click on it and from the “add key” menu add your private key.
At this point you will be able to continue work – I can get my personal branch which only I-m allowed to use:
>cd /d c:bazaar-openerp-repo
>bzr get lp:~kalmenchia/+junk/my-dev-l